fredag 15 april 2011

Vampire Diaries - third and last post

For the last post I?ve been thinking of describe the community where
everything is happening ? Mystic Falls. The name is describing the
village/community-not-so-very-unlike-Knivsta-place in a good way. It is
mysterious, cozy and in the middle of nowhere. Well it?s not very far from
Georgia I think, but everything you can see if you look to the north, south,
east and west is wood. How cozy isn?t that when you?ve got vampires, witches,
wizards and werewolves all around yourself?
Well, Mystic Falls contains a great school where all the students are going. It?
s made of bricks and how the school is, isn?t unlike how usual American schools
are. When I think of an American school the first thing I?m thinking of are the
American football-teams and all the cheerleaders. That?s exactly how this
school is ? the cool guys are playing football and the beautiful girls are all
cheerleaders. But why is it like that? It?s seems to me that this is a
privilege that makes an American school American. And if that?s an American
school, what?s the privilege for a Swedish school? Are there any privileges for
a Swedish school or is it just normal? And what?s normal? Well, I?m thinking a
lot and right now I?m going over to a new subject so this is where I?m stopping
with the school-talk.
The community contains a lot of dwellings too and they are quite old. They are
made of wood or bricks and are looking like usual, a little bit older rentals.
The asphalt on the roads in the ?inner city? aren?t repaired on a while and I
think that it?s looking like it did for over a century ago. We can call it a
well preserved community and I think that?s the point with it. It makes it a
little more mysterious if it?s happening in a small community with only five
polices ? now only the sheriff because of vampire attacks ? who can?t make a
lot for saving everyone.
The reason for the author Lisa to write about Mystic Falls as this
village/community-not-so-very-unlike-Knivsta-place is because it?s easy to make
the story more mysterious and she is using it in a great way. You now the story
get fluffy and puffy with all the descriptions. It?s a great way to make a
story more interesting if you ask me and you?ll get your own picture of how it
is and what it looks alike.
So now you know what I think of Mystic Falls and I still don?t have the answer
of what?s normal. The only thing I actually found out is that something normal
isn?t something unusual.

//Piff

Inga kommentarer: