söndag 10 april 2011

Uglies - third post

To be honest, I haven't read so very much this week, so I´m looking forward to read superfast and much more next week! But actually the story in the book has just rushed away, it has happened a lot since the last time Dynamit-Harry and I did our "vlogg thing".
In the interrogation room Tally has to answer the cruel pretties (that´s what the persons there are called) questions. The questions are about if Tally has any clues that can lead them to where Shay has escaped (the smoke). Tally doesn´t want to answer them, but then one of the cruel pretties says to her, "Then I´ll make you a promise too, Tally Youngblood. Until you do help us, to the very best of your ability, you will never be pretty." And after that I think that Tally gets some panic because she don´t know what to do. She had made a promise to Shay that she wouldn´t tell anybody about the directions that she had been given in case she wanted to go after her, but if she didn´t give the cruel pretties the clues she wouldn´t be pretty. She meets her parents and she takes long night flights on her hover board until she gets exhausted, then after that she decides to talk to the cruel pretties about Shay.
She is giving the directions from them that she has to follow Shay by the instructions and then do something with a bracelet so they can get there and get Shay back.
You get to follow Tally when she is heading to the smoke and all the challenges she is facing on the road, and that´s how far I´ve read.
When Tally is talking to the cruel pretties you get to know that Shay and her old friend isn´t the first ones to escape to the smoke. The story about David (Shays friend) have they heard before, they have talked to many uglies but they haven´t got any closer to the smoke and David. When I read this I get both angry and a bit curious. Angry about that the people that are "leading" the community isn´t giving the inhabitants a choice. They just say that when you turn sixteen you will get operated into a beauty and then if it exist a person who doesn´t want to be pretty and the person escapes, they chase it and don´t let it have a choice of if it want to be pretty or not. But at the same time I get curious because I want to find out about this David, who he is and about his own community (the smoke). And I also think that everybody who have defied the society where they were living, they are really brave. And if I were living with Tally and Shay I would probably go with Shay and live my own life, instead of staying with Tally in the hopes of becoming a super gorgeous human and partying my whole life.

One other thing that I thought of when I read this book is that I think that the writer could have told about the uglies past and future a bit more, because at least I don´t understand how everything in the book connects with each other. You don´t get to know anything about any cities, so when she writes a name of a city you have to figure out for yourself how it´s connecting to the story. I know that wasn´t very easy to understand but it´s hard to describe what I mean. 

The next thing that I think will happened in the story is that Tally is going to get to the Smoke and find Shay, but I don´t think that she is going to reveal where it´s located though the cruel pretties expected that from her. I think that she will find a way to trick them and force them to make her pretty anyway.

//Kråkfot

Inga kommentarer: