fredag 8 april 2011

I See You Baby - third post

Summary part 3: page 40-116.
In the final part of the book there where the most obvious ending, as I had foreseen in my second preview. I said that Sally Mack and Keith Scully were ought to meet each other and that it would end up with that they will be together.
Well anyway, the last part of the book was about how they met each other. After Keith had taken the train to Manchester, he would go with the bus to the Rock out. But things didn´t go as planned, because after a while the bus go engine problems and stopped, and Keith had to walk the last mile to the Rock out.
On his way to the Rock out something strange happened while Keith was walking carefully beside the road. Suddenly he felt a soft heavy thing slammed on his back, he fell and rolled down from the grass bank and it felt as he rolled forever. When Keith finally got down he were out of speech, he couldn´t move, he just laid there looking around.
When he raised his head he saw the thing that did hit him, it was a black holdall. He thought to himself  that someone must have thrown it out of their car-window, and when Keith were standing there and thinking of the occurrence, he heard voices coming from the road. So Keith walked up the hill to see whom had thrown the holdall, and it wasn´t just any person, it was his favorite band lead artist Kiefer Shelley. Suddenly an a other member of the band started to shout on Kiefer
Band member: -" Why the bloody hell did you throw out your bag of the window?"
Kiefer Shelley:-"I didn´t mean to throw it out, it were supposed to hit your head!"
Band member:-"So it´s my fault now?
Kiefer Shelley:-"No I didn´t say that, and, anyway what do you care? You're the person who made me throw my holdall out of the window!!
Band member:-"I don´t care so get back in the car now, plus we are late!
Kiefer Shelley:-"But how about my holdall with my jacket in it?
Band member:-"Well leave it you have many of them don´t you, was there anything else in the holdall?
Kiefer Shelley:-"Yeah plenty of them, and no, there were nothing else.
Band member:-"So leave it you, let someone poor little sod find it or something I don't know, come on now!
After they left, Keith opened the bag and found the jacket, as were mentioned in their little argue before. He took out the jacket from the holdall, and putted it on because after his little fall down he got his clothes all ripped. The jacket fitted perfect on Keith ´s body, and when he put his hand in it´ s pocket and was amazed of what he found. He found a VIP pass with full access to all areas, and of course he took advantage of it.
Sally Mack had been sitting on the bus for four hours and she was really tired, but relived, because no auntie Rena was shouting to tell you what to do. The journey to the Rock out had been hot, sticky and boring. When she stepped out of the bus, she stepped in to a mass of people, rucksacks and tents everywhere, and disgusting people. Sally started to panic; it was stuffy air, with the smell of fat peoples sweat. A NIGHTMARE in other words. Then Sally started to scream "-Let me through, let me through, I have got an all access ticket, let me through! And would you believe it, they moved and let her through.
When Sally finally got in, she got so relieved that she couldn't believe it was true and the first thing she saw was a big gate with the sign "VIP only", and she felt like a rock-star entering on the red carpet inside. There was only one guy in front of Sally, a skinny boy with a nice jacket, and he walked around there like a dork believing he really was something.
And that is how Keith and Sally met…
I thought that the book was entertaining and interesting to start with, even though I soon realized what was going to happen. According to me I would give the book *** stars, because it´s a good book and good structure, easy to understand but still I am a bit angry of the obvious ending. It could have been a much better plot. I am looking forward to read another book by Kevin Brooks because I like his language, it´s modern and it´s funny. That's why I recommend this book to someone having some problems with language because it´s a good start if you want to read English.   
By: hej

Inga kommentarer: