måndag 9 maj 2011

Uglies - fourth and last post

Uglies – last post

Since the last time I wrote I have read more than 350 pages and I have to say that this is a very good book! I can really recommend it to you, but don´t try to read it in Swedish, I did and it wasn´t so very good. This book is split into 3 parts I think, so I don´t know how it ends. But here is the summary of the first book.
After Tally has been out in the wild for about 10 days she gets to the Smoke. There everybody is welcoming her and Shay is very happy that she has come. She meets David and they are showing her around in the Smoke. When Tally was in the interrogation room with the leader of the cruel pretties, she received a bracelet with an "alarm" so she could push it when she had arrived to the Smoke and the cruel pretties would be there in a couple of hours. But when she got there she realized that she couldn´t do it. She wanted to stay there in the smoke and live with the smokies and with David because she had fallen in love with him. But Shay and David was sort of together already and Shay became very angry with Tally when she realized that they now were together. Then by a mistake Tally set the alarm on and the next day the cruel pretties were all over the place and caught the smokies and burned the place down. But Tally succeeded to escape and she found David who had also escaped. Together they returned to Tallys hometown to save some of the prisoners that the cruel pretties had taken, for example David´s parents and Shay. But when they got there they discovered that David´s father was dead and Shay has been operated into a pretty. But still they managed to escape and they traveled to the Rusty Ruins, and now a rumor has spread that a new Smoke is going to be made and a lot of uglies from the dorm is traveling there just to be a part of it. David´s parents had for a long time ago come up with a theory about that when you is operated you get a sort of virus stuck into your brain that makes not only the outside beautiful, the inside is changing to. You will become a totally different person, and that is what Shay has become now. She thinks that the Smoke is stupid and she just wants to party the whole time. But David´s mom thinks that she has found a cure to the virus and she wants to test it on Shay, but Shay doesn´t want that and David´s mom don´t want to force her because it's a small chance that something can go wrong. Tally then feel her guiltiness for that she has betrayed the smoke, David and Shay so she says that she will be operated into a pretty and then David can rescue her and they will give here the pills to cure the virus. And the book ends with that Shay and Tally comes into the town, and a guard sees them and she says: "I´m Tally Youngblood, make me pretty".  

I think that this book is really good! It reflects on what could happened in the future if we not are careful with our planet and our way of locking on each other. I think that the writer did a good point when she wrote about anorexia and thickness and when Shay said that she couldn´t understand how we wanted to look like that it also made a good point.  I think that it is important to notice where our society is going and attended specially the young, unsecure people who hasn´t any confidence and say to them that they are beautiful as they are.
This week I haven´t got any experience of my one to relate to, but I have one thing. Tally's and David's relationship is so very special and exiting and that is a thing I hope to experience some day, a true love with a little troubles.

This book is really great, like I said earlier, and I´m going to read the rest of the books in this series and then I´m going to post my view of the books on this blog!
This was all from me, love from Kråkfot.

Inga kommentarer: