tisdag 17 maj 2011

Prom by Laurie Halse Anderson

I have now finished the book "Prom" and now I'm going to tell you my thoughts about it.

I think the book was very good. It was well written and it was easy to understand the story. Even though the author didn't describe the environment very well, I could still understand everything. I think it was a little bit sad that the author hadn't described the environment so much, because you could have got a better picture of Ashley's life if she had. I also think it was sad that she hadn't described what the prom looked like. I got to know the basics, that it looked nice and that it was a complete change from how their gym (where the prom was) had looked before. I wanted the author to describe more about how it looked so I really had understood that "magical change".

The book had a happy ending, and it ended the way I wanted to. The author also wrote a "what happened then?" chapter. In that chapter, the author really described how Ashley has grown through the book, like I wrote the last time. The author also wrote about the "old Ashley" and the "new Ashley", and what different decisions they would have made about the same thing. In that chapter you also got to know which decisions Ashley made, what she decided to do after she graduated. I liked that, because I always want to know what the characters are going to do when the book ends. I don't like when you don't get to know.

I would recommend the book. The language wasn't so hard, which made the story easy to understand, but it was still a little bit of a challenge. The author used a little bit harder language sometimes, with synonyms of words that I never had heard. But I could easily guess what the words meant when I had read the whole sentence.

/Heffaklumpen

Inga kommentarer: