måndag 9 maj 2011

The saddest girl in the world – second post

I have now reached page 170 in my book "The saddest girl in the world" now. This week I'm going to write about the mood the author wants to create and how it's done. I think the meaning of this book was to make people think about all the horrible things that can happen to people, especially children because they are in a liable position.



The mood in this book is very sad and when I read the book I really feel the pain that Donna has. The author describes how the person acts so you really can feel the pain. For example, you can read in the book when Cathy, Donna's carer, sees Donna for de first time: "she looked so dreadfully, dreadfully sad. Her big brown eyes were downcast and her shoulders were slumped forward as though she carried the weight of the world on them. Whiteout doubts she was the saddest-looking child I had ever seen." In the book everything is described with details and also very well, so you really can understand what Donnas has been through and why she acts like she does.



When I read one chapter named "Dirt" the author really made me feel how evil Donnas mum was. In the chapter Donna stands and washes and scrubs her hands for a long time. Cathy tries to make her stop and Donna said: "mum says I have to wash all the dirt off, but it won't come off. I keep trying". Donna's hands are very clean and Cathy doesn't understand until later. Donna was trying to wash away her skin color because Donna's mother had said to her that she was dirty and that was why her skin was dark. One other time Donna wants so buy bleach so she can make her skin white, because her mother had told her to do it.



The author wants to convey a feeling about how exposed children live their lives. The author also wants so convey how important it is for children to have a parent around that really cares for you, loves you and can take care of you in a good way. For almost every child it's naturally that the parent loves you, and you can't imagine how it would be if you parents didn't love or want you. I think the author really want to convey how awful situations children can be in and how a careless parent can destroy or leave a mark on a child for the rest of their lives.



// Anonymous

Inga kommentarer: