tisdag 10 maj 2011

The saddest girl in the world – Third post



I have now read to page 245 in the book "the saddest girl in the world" by Cathy Glass. When I read this week I was looking on the environment and how that is described. I think the environment is described well in the book; it's not too much and not too little.

The environment in Danna's real home is described very well, and I think it's because you shall understand how awful it is. For example, the author is describing how dirty clothes and dishes everywhere and how the floor is full of newspapers to cover the dirt and feces from the animals. The author are describing very well that the house is very dirty and not okay at all to live in. I think it's very good that the environment in Donnas "real" house is described so good, because of that I could get a picture of how awful environment she lived in and it is making the impression stronger.

The environment around Cathy, Donna's foster carer, is also described very well. Not as much as Donnas real home, but so much that you can understand how the environment around her is. The environment around Cathy is nice and comfortable and the environment in her house is described very organized. There are rules you have to follow, for example the children aren't allowed in the kitchen because it's not safe there for the foster children. During the book I got more and more impression that Cathy's home is very safe and organized.

Like I said in the beginning the environment is not described too much and not too little. I think its perfect described and if it would bee more it would be nagging and just get annoying. The author has put a perfect focus on the environment!

// Anonymous

Inga kommentarer: