måndag 2 maj 2011

Prom by Laurie Halse Anderson

I have read to page 156 in my book now. Ashley has joined the prom committee after she gave a suggestion that the prom could be in the school's gym. At first nobody in the committee liked the idea of the prom being in the gym. But since there isn't somewhere else where they can be for free, they had to go for that idea. So now Ashley is helping to save the prom, even if she still think proms are stupid.

I'm going to tell you about the two central persons in the book. First you have Ashley, who is the most important person in this book. It's hard to describe her. She is a girl who doesn't really care so much about school. Ashley has a lot of detentions and undelivered homework. I think that she would be pretty good in school if she started to care a little bit more about it. And also if she had a family that she wouldn't have to look after and worry about the whole time. Ashley is a nice and helpful person. I believe that she cares about other people more than she wants to admit. I mean, she helps the prom committee even though she doesn't like proms, she takes care of her little brothers when her parents can't and she helps Nat with her crazy grandmother.

Nat is Ashley's best friend, and the second most important people. When she really wants to do something, she doesn't give up until it's done. She can be really excited about things. That can make her very bossy, because she wants everything to be perfect. Nat seems very nice, and she is a girl who knows what she wants. I get the feeling that she already knows what she is going to do after graduation, what her wedding is going to be like, how many kids she's going to have, where she is going to live and so on. She is a person that already has decided her future.

I don't think that the author has described the personalities of the persons in the book very well. The book is still good, and you understand what's happening, but I get a little bit confused sometimes. The author has never written straight out how Ashley or Nat is. You have to find out by yourself what their personalities are. That can be both good and bad, because some people like to get their own picture of the persons. For me it is a little bit confusing. I get a picture of the person in my head, but then that person says or does something that isn't right with my picture of him/her. That makes me confused, and it makes the person hard to describe.

/Heffaklumpen

Inga kommentarer: