måndag 16 maj 2011

Percy Jackson and the last Olympian, 4th post

I have now read the book through and I am pretty happy with the ending, though with a feeling of incompletion and sadness because the last book is finished. One thing I have thought about is a decision Percy made in the end(spoilers!).

When Kronos was defeated, the Gods wanted to thank Percy for everything he did for them and Olympus, and so they offered him immortality. They said they could make him a God, to server under his father Poseidon in Eternity. Percy declined after thinking about it, because he was in love with his friend Annabeth. If he would become immortal, he would live much longer than her, and probably fall in love with lots of others after her, only to get his heart broken again when they died. Sure it tempted him to rise above every hero before him, bask in his own glory, but on the other hand I think it would be pretty selfish to Annabeth.

I think this decision proves him strong far more than everything else he does in the fights, and it makes me think how many people who would refuse such an offer. Personally It makes me sick, thinking about living for thousands of years, but still, I'm not sure what I would have done.
/ Justin Bieber

Inga kommentarer: