fredag 13 maj 2011

Milo's Wolves- last post

I have now read the whole book. I recently found out that there is three clones of Gwendal, and Laura and Milo travels back home from France without Gwendal. Eventually Gwendal comes back to England to his family. He starts school and he is happy.

Laura gets a friend, Marie-Claire and they get really close.


One day, Milo went to Nathan Culfire's house. There he ends up in a fight with him. It didn't turn out good, Milo ends up in coma but the book ends with him waking up.


I'm now going to talk about the language in the book.


In the book there is not so many hard words. But one thing is bothering me. It's bad paragraphing in the book, I can't really understand when there is a new day or a new time of the day because the text seems to be sticking together. The author only jumps in a bit on the row. She does that even when it is a new day, and that makes me confused. This doesn't have such a big impact on the story because you still understand what's happening, but I find it tremendously disturbing. Otherwise the language is quit good in the book, not to hard and not to easy.


In the end of the story everything goes very fast. On the 15 last pages Laura gets a friend, they get really close and Milo ends up in a coma and he wakes up. It's too much happening. It felt like the author just wanted to get a classic happy ending of the story and that made the end a big disappointment. It would have been better if Laura started to know Marie-Claire earlier in the book and if Milo didn't wake up from his coma. That would make the reader reflect more about the story I think.


Now I will talk about the mood that the author wants to create.


I think the author wants to create a special mood. She wants to create excitment and mystery. She creates excitment for example; when she lets the reader know that Jean tells something to Gwendal but the reader doesn't find out what he tells until later. The author creates mystery by just calling the book Milo's Wolves. That makes you think that there is some person who has a lot of wolves. But the truth is that there isn't wolves, instead it's persons who's being called wolves. I think the author wanted to create these special moods too give the reader a impression that Gwendal is mysterious.


I like the mystery and excitment in the book because It makes me want to read more.


// Anonymous

Inga kommentarer: